A security operations center (SOC) is a centralized unit that will handle all security problems and issues on an organizational level. A SOC will be equipped with a wide range of security features, including being equipped for access monitoring, as well as redundancy plans that failover to a secondary site without causing any interruptions in service.
What are the benefits of a security operations center?
There are a number of benefits associated with a security operations center. This includes the following:
– Continual security – Threats do not have office hours. Monitoring potential attacks, security risks, and threats on an office-hour basis are not going to cut it. Attacks happen 24/7, which is why 24/7 monitoring is a must.
– Centralized knowledge – With a myriad of risks today, there is the possibility that some of them will be overlooked if you do not have a SOC that can handle everything for you. Relevant information can be shared and stored centrally so the entire SOC team has access to the same knowledge, meaning they are best equipped in terms of identifying and neutralizing threats.
– Response time – Whenever a threat or security risk is identified, it can be dealt with a lot quicker. Enhanced detection capabilities and threat monitoring enable rapid responses.
– Threat monitoring – A security operations center enables more sophisticated and enhanced monitoring of business risks, using advanced monitoring and detection tools. This means that they are more effective at recognizing and containing threats.
– Skilled expertise – There is a shortage of security specialists, especially in certain areas of security, so a SOC is great for businesses that want to make sure they have access to the best talent.
– Cost control – I have also noticed that a lot of our clients have been able to enhance their cost control by paying for our service, rather than having to manage many different elements of their security themselves.
What sort of services does our SOC provide?
There are a number of different services that we provide via our TMA Five Diamond-Certified Security Operations Center. This includes advanced in-house platforms, processes, and people, with 24/7 operations and monitoring, ensuring that we never skip a beat. Our services cover the full scope of security for businesses, including custom system design, 24/7 alarm monitoring, project management, intercom and entry systems, intrusion detection, remote video services, fire alarm systems, access control, and video surveillance.
All of these services are managed via our SOC, ensuring you experience all of the benefits that have been mentioned above.
One thing I certainly recognize as the CSO is that every industry is different, and every business is different. That’s why we always build tailored security strategies and processes for each client, continuing to monitor them and adapt them as necessary. We want to offer repeatable, reliable, and relevant solutions to our clients so they ultimately reach their full potential.
If you would like to find out more about the security services we provide, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for more details.